Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sweet... sweet pages.

Thirteen glorious pages completed over the long weekend!

Saturday was mostly spent watching football and checking out PAX. Sunday was a lot of sleeping and some gaming… but Monday I knocked that shit out.

I had a chance to run down some story points with a friend of mine over Thai food on Saturday. He liked the story points and said the story thus far was strong. He is pretty critical when it comes to sci-fi fantasy action stuff so coming from him that was a huge boost. I spent the next day or so visualizing the ending of the story and when Monday came around I banged it out.

It felt tremendously good but damn it wore me out. I guess expending that much brain power for that long takes its toll. Good think I engineer software for a living. Writing is easy… creating something from your mind out of thin air is an entirely exhausting process.

Go Ducks!

PAX was really cool. I had never been to a Gaming convention before and seeing all of the demo’s and even a few familiar faces from the videos and interviews online was cool. As fun as it was I doubt I will go again. $30 cover charge and huge crowds to see demo’s of stuff that I have seen on the internet isn’t going to draw me back.

Warhammer Online open beta begins this Sunday. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

My goal is to get my first ever completed draft of a screen play done by September 21st… my birthday. I am well on my way and confident I will reach the milestone.

Go Seahawks!

-Jim

0 comments: