Monday, May 18, 2009

If at first you don't succeed whine and cry until Dad's ears bleed...

You ever see those commercials on TV where the Dad is teaching his son or daughter how to ride a bike. It’s all smiles right. The Dad runs behind the kids bike and lets go. The kid sails gloriously down the sidewalk, the tall flag attached to the seat waving triumphantly in the air as the kid wobbles his way to bike riding glory…

Well that is total horse shit.

Saturday my wife and I taught my son how to ride his bike. It was nothing but crying, yelling, and cussing… on both sides.

He wanted to quit, ride his scooter, play on the playground, clean his room, do the dishes, wash the car, finish his homework… pretty much anything other than get back on the bike and try again.

But we held strong, refusing to let him quit. And after one of the most miserable hours in our families history… he was up and riding his bike around the park. And I am proud of my little buddy.

Of course we didn’t bring a camera…

Pulled off a double feature this weekend. Angels and Demons Saturday and Star Trek on Sunday night.

A&D was ok. Still think Tom is out of his wheel house on this character. Another scavenger hunt with an foreign hottie-with-a-naughty-body in tow. It was entertaining. The best part was all the shots of the Large Hadron Collider. Worst part was the disorienting shots of the Large Hadron Collider and when the camera spins really fast around character for a reaction shot. C+.

Star Trek was pretty good. I think we are going to see a few more flicks with this crew. Lots of laugh, decent action, good actors. I didn’t get the chills when I first saw the enterprise like I did with the first Star Trek movie. But this is a new crew in an [SPOILER REMOVED – GO SEE THE MOVIE] so I am excited to see where it goes. Who knew Uhura was that fricken hot in her younger days… damn. B.

Writing is moving along. I bought a motivational book at the recommendation of some good friends of mine. The Success Principles. With my daily schedule so tight most of the time writing falls to second or third on the list of shit I do at night. Need to work on moving it up to first.

Pitched a new idea to some friends this weekend. It’s a sci-fi action adventure with a dash of Independence Day mixed in with some Explorers that starts with a very obscure phenomenon that has been occurring throughout history that scientists have not nailed down yet that I attribute to a theory that’s way out there. Fun stuff. More later.

That is all.

-Jim

0 comments: