Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ow my head!

“One must let go in order to be free.”

I think that you can tell and show a person every lesson in life’s handbook. But its not until that person experiences the situation that they truly understand the lesson.

This happened to me last night in an enlightening moment while I was writing. The last few nights I have not been happy with the way the story has been going. To cluttered. Story wasn’t right. I wasn’t having fun with it.

So I slashed and burned about a dozen pages taking with it two of my supporting characters that weren’t working for me. It was like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

I find myself writing into these dark and dank places a lot. Last night I learned that it’s easy to back up, use the delete key and head in the right direction.

Wish I could do that with life sometimes. Maybe you can…

That is all.

-Jim

0 comments: