Friday, April 25, 2008

Get off your ass and play video games!

I cranked out about 10 pages of “Red Vector” in and around a busy week that included my son’s fifth birthday.

We got him a Wii, which was a bit hard to find as they are flying off the shelves. Thanks to a friend of mine we scored one and I couldn’t be happier.


The console is just awesome. The night he got it we played baseball, tennis and bowling together. We stood in the middle of the living room swinging wildly with the remotes in our hands. We both were winded and he was sweating by the time we quit. I truly believe this is the future of gaming. Actually having to get off our ass and play the game. I love it.

I got him Mario Galaxy and even at five years old he is able to play it and do very well. It’s also teaching him letters and numbers and to a small degree to read. I have to read him the text but he is starting to recognize some words which is really cool.

So I have to give the Wii huge thumbs up in terms of game play and family fun. Get one if you can, you won’t be disappointed.

-Jim

0 comments: